Joseph Manigault House

ca. 1803
350 Meeting Street
Charleston, South Carolina

The main entrance to this National Historic Landmark, owned by the Charleston Museum, was reoriented to the south in 1854. Subsequently, buildings were constructed along the north side, obscuring the original entrance. As part of the restoration of the house and grounds, the entrance was returned to the north, the facade restored, and the original interior paint colors were recreated as a result of microscopic paint analysis. In 1994, the project received a Preservation Award from the National Park Service.